Are you an equine bodyworker or manual therapist with a
curiosity about the equine cranial-sacral system, how it functions, and how to work effectively with it?
Would you like to improve energy levels, relaxation in and out of saddle, ability to focus and regulate, and overall body autonomy, proprioception and coordination of your equine clients? Would you like to increase the sensitivity and effectiveness of your palpation? Would you like to have a noticeable and long-lasting impact on the nervous system, assisting with maintaining and amplifying the positive effects of your treatments and/or training with horses?
Cranial therapy is an effective treatment modality aimed at improving neurological function, digestion, and proprioception, all through gentle and relaxing touch utilizing a solid anatomical base as it's primary foundation. If you have you ever wondered why your treatments don’t sustain, your clients revert back to old adaptation patterns, or why certain techniques only partially resolve the issues you are working with perhaps it's time to explore the fascinating field of osteopathic cranial therapy.
We’d love to invite you to join Equine Therapist, Equine Cranial Therapist and RMT Elisse Miki, Equine Sport Therapist and animal communicator Alexa Linton, and Equine Osteopath Steph Schaub, for a three day osteopathically-informed immersion into cranial work for horses. All three instructors bring different, essential perspectives and credentials to their teaching, and are current students in human osteopathy.
In this 3-day course, we will be exploring the intricacies of the cranial-sacral system, building a solid anatomical foundation of the connective tissue (fascia, dura), specific cranial bones and motility, sacral and innominate bones and mobility, cranial nerves and venous sinuses, all while progressively cultivating skills and subtlety in palpation. We will each be sharing potent techniques to dialogue with and facilitate lasting change at each of these tissue levels. This course is open to all equine therapists and human manual therapists, and by special request to those with experience in equine anatomy/physiology. A course manual will be provided, as well as refreshments.
The online portion of this course is also offered as a stand alone online course. To register for the online course only CLICK HERE.
Covered In Course:
• History and understanding of the development of osteopathic cranial-sacral with human and equine
• Anatomy and biomechanics of sphenoid, occiput, temporal, frontal, nasal, maxilla, ethmoid, and
accessory bones of the face, mandible, hyoid, sacrum, innominate bones as well as articulations, and
assessment and treatment of specific bones and articulations
• Cranial nerves, function, and bony transit within and from cranium
• Function, importance, assessment and treatment of the dura mater and cranial membranes
• Function and storage of the cerebral-spinal fluid, and role in increasing regional and global vitality
• Palpation of primary respiratory mechanism (motility) and mobility at the levels of bone, fascia,
membrane and fluids
• The autonomic nervous system and it’s relationship to trauma, healing, resilience and regulation
• Treatment of common equine issues (head shaking, altered gait, anxiety, difficulty picking up leads,
saddling issues, asymmetrical bending, lack of hind-end engagement)
• Myofascial release, de-compaction, direct and sensorial techniques
• In session and at-home integrations for sustaining results and supporting treatment
Maximum of 8-10 participants per course to ensure ample horse time and one-on-one instruction.
3 Full days of hands-on learning
Course manual and techniques manual ($50 value)
One-year access to online learning platform ($279 value) which includes all theory covered in course
One-year access to exclusive video content of techniques demonstrations and much more
Membership in our private FB group providing you continued support
Complimentary coffee, tea, and snacks
Course dates 2021:
If you have any further questions or to determine eligibility please fill in the contact form below an we will be happy to assist you!