EQUINE CRANIAL THERAPY
For Horse Owners
Would you like to improve the energy levels, focus, coordination of your equine partner, and increase relaxation in and out of saddle? Would you like to have a noticeable and long-lasting impact on the nervous system of your horses and amplify the positive effects of your training?
What is Cranial Therapy
Cranial Therapy is an effective treatment modality aimed at improving neurological function, digestion, and proprioception, all through gentle and relaxing touch utilizing a solid anatomical base as it’s primary foundation.
In this 2-day in-person course, we will be exploring the essentials of the cranio-sacral system, building a basic anatomical foundation of the connective tissue (fascia, dura), specific cranial bones, sacrum, TMJ and important structures. We will each be sharing easy-to-learn techniques to facilitate lasting change in your horse. This course is open to all.
This course also comes with a 2 hour webinar hosted by Alexa and Elisse prior to the workshop to give participants a chance to learn key theory points.
Two full days of hands-on learning
2 hour webinar prior to workshop
Course manual and techniques manual ($35 value)
Membership in our private FB group providing you continued support
Complimentary coffee, tea, and snacks
Maximum of 8-10 participants per course to ensure ample horse time and one-on-one instruction.
Whats Covered in Course
• History and understanding of the development of osteopathic cranio-sacral with human and equine
• Anatomy and biomechanics of sphenoid, occiput, temporal, mandible (TMJ), sacrum
• Cranial nerves, function, and bony transit within and from cranium
• Function, assessment and treatment of the cranial membranes
• Function of the cerebral-spinal fluid, and role in increasing regional and global vitality
• The autonomic nervous system and it’s relationship to trauma, healing, resilience and regulation
• Techniques for working with common equine issues (head shaking, altered gait, anxiety, difficulty picking up leads, asymmetrical bending, lack of hind-end engagement)
• Myofascial release, direct and sensorial techniques
We’d love to invite you to join Equine Therapist, Equine Craniosacral Therapist and RMT Elisse Miki, Equine Sport Therapist and animal communicator Alexa Linton for a two day osteopathically-informed cranial therapy workshop for horse stewards. Both instructors bring different, essential perspectives and credentials to their teaching, and are current students in human osteopathy.
Can't Make It To This Course?
No problem! Feel free to check out our selection of other courses for horse owners that are offered each year CLICK HERE.
Elisse is an Equine Craniosacral Therapist, Certified Equine Assisted Learning Facilitator and the Owner of Equilibria Therapeutics. Elisse also holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Kinesiology, a Registered Massage Therapy Licence, and multiple Certifications in Equine Therapies. She has been working in her respective fields for over 15 years bringing a multitude of experience to her clients. Additionally, her special interest and focus in the area of traumatic brain injury has allowed her to develop a unique program tailored specifically to this demographic.
Elisse continues to gain knowledge in her field as she is currently completing her Diploma Osteopathy Manual Practice at the Vancouver campus.
With over fourteen years of experience working with horses as an Equine Sport Therapist, as well as thousands of animals and people, Alexa has developed a therapeutic style that is both intuitive and highly collaborative.
She has her BSc. in Kinesiology, over a decade of training in BodyTalk and animal communication, and her current passion as a 4th year student of osteopathy.She is the co-founder of the Cowgirl Re-union, the creator of the Whole Horse Apprenticeship and Podcast, author of Death Sucks: A Straight-Up Guide to Navigating Your Pet’s Final Transition, and co-steward of Firefly Farm in the Cowichan Valley, unceded territory of the Cowichan and Coast Salish Peoples, where she lives with the horse herd Diva, April and Duke, dogs Reilly and Solo and cat Parker.
Course Dates 2021
Price $395 plus gst
* In the event of course cancellation due to Covid-19 please note that the value of the online course ($279) will be retained but all other funds paid will be reimbursed.
* In the event that you are unable to attend due to Covid-19 you will have the option to transfer your registration to another clinic date for up to two years. For any cancellations made one month in advance of course date, the value of the online course ($279) will be retained but all other funds paid will be reimbursed. Following this date, the remaining amount may be transferred to a future course.
Covid-19 Pre-Screening Questionnaires will be sent out 48hr prior to your workshop and must be completed in order to attend.
See our Covid-19 Procedures for all weekend workshops.
What People Say...
EQUINE CRANIAL WORKSHOP
The material covered was the right amount to get me started in this interesting deep journey and not be too overwhelming. You ladies did such an incredible job delivering it! Not once did I feel lost or not engaged in the learning.
- Rachel Gedaliya,
EQUINE CRANIAL WORKSHOP
I had such a positive experience over the last three days at the Cranial Level 1 workshop. I can't thank our teachers enough for their incredibly thorough course content, dedication to practice, and sharing of knowledge.
- Kaiti Elliott Bradley